township assessor's office
Sue Johnston, Deputy Assessor
The following services are offered to residents of Barrington Township:
- Assistance with Assessment Appeals filed with the Cook County Assessor's Office and Board of Review.
- Assistance with the application and verification of exemptions.
- Real Estate Tax Refund filing assistance.
- Provide property index numbers (PIN) as required by local municipal variance applications.
- New Homeowner assistance with property index numbers, exemption eligibility and Cook County process.
- Assistance with pertinent Cook County real estate websites (see links on this page).
- Name and address change assistance for the various Cook County offices.
- Building Permits and Certificates of Occupancy with the Cook County Assessor's Office.
- Recording and filing Real Estate Sales Transfer Data.
- Notary services.
- Division and consolidation application forms.
Helen Edwards, Deputy Assessor
602 S. Hough Street, Barrington, IL 60010
Jacqueline Stephens, Assessor
In Cook County, Township Assessors do not assess property. The Cook County Assessor sets assessment levels for all properties. The Barrington Township Office cooperates with the Cook County Assessor's Office to assist you, the tax payer. We are your "Tax Payer Advocate."