ALL COVID-19 Information Can Be Found on the Events & News Page on this Website
township assessor's office
How to check my tax bill for EXEMPTIONS
Click Image or CLICK HERE
Jacqueline Stephens, Assessor
In Cook County, Township Assessors do not assess property. The Cook County Assessor sets assessment levels for all properties. The Barrington Township Office cooperates with the Cook County Assessor's Office to assist you, the tax payer. We are your "Tax Payer Advocate."
The following services are offered to residents of Barrington Township:
- Assistance with Assessment Appeals filed with the Cook County Assessor's Office and Board of Review.
- Assistance with the application and verification of exemptions.
- Real Estate Tax Refund filing assistance.
- Provide property index numbers (PIN) as required by local municipal variance applications.
- New Homeowner assistance with property index numbers, exemption eligibility and Cook County process.
- Assistance with pertinent Cook County real estate websites (see links on this page).
- Name and address change assistance for the various Cook County offices.
- Building Permits and Certificates of Occupancy with the Cook County Assessor's Office.
- Recording and filing Real Estate Sales Transfer Data.
- Notary services.
- Division and consolidation application forms.
Here are some answers to FAQ:
- The County Assessor made changes to mostly COMMERCIAL assessments (commercial appeals are required to be handled by an attorney or in VERY FEW cases directly by the commercial owner.)
- If you do NOT receive a letter of notification from the County Assessor in the mail, this means that your value did NOT change for 2021.
- County website information is now updated to the 2021 values.
- The county is only accepting electronic appeals.
Sue Johnston, Chief Deputy Assessor
Please click the link Provided to check and see if your exemptions are missing on your tax bill. CHECK HERE
If you would like to be added to our email notification listing, please send an email to: email@example.com
2020 Second Installment
Property Tax Payment Update
Tax Bills Will Be Delayed