Monetary donations can be made payable to:
Barrington Township Food Pantry
* We cannot accept homemade goods
Hours for pick up and donation: Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (closed 12 - 1 p.m.)
Barrington Township guidelines for people in need of food:
- Please call for an appointment, 847-381-5632, during our open hours (7:15-4:00).
- If you are new to the Food Pantry, you will need to register and provide your full name, address, phone number, age and number of people living in your household and dietary restrictions, if any.
- Please note that suggestions for needed items are accepted but may not be available on the day of your appointment.
- Until further notice, all shoppers and others must wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth with a snug fit.
Barrington Township guidelines for donation drop off during the designated times:
- Please call in advance of your donation drop off, 847-381-5632, to make an appointment. We have a small space and there may be shoppers in the Food Pantry. Please DO NOT drop off donations without notice as they may not be collected in a timely manner to assure freshness. We will not accept donations left at the door when we are closed or on weekends.
- We ask that your donations be commercially prepared (no homemade items) and not past the expiration date. We are no longer accepting items from “clean outs” or “move outs” from your residence. Please donate only items that have been newly purchased. This will ensure that your donations are fresh and needed by our shoppers.
- Non-food items are always welcome and suggestions are listed below:
- Gift cards from grocery stores, big box stores, gas stations and restaurants are a great way to help needy residents and local businesses alike!
- Monetary gifts and gift cards may be mailed to the Barrington Township Food Pantry, 602 S. Hough St., Barrington, IL 60010. To drop off in person please call 847-381-5632 to arrange for an appointment during the Food Pantry hours listed above.
GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
Food Pantry Wish List(as of November 2022)
Paper products (paper towels, napkins, Kleenex and toilet paper)
Canned meats (chicken, Spam, ham)
Cooking oil (vegetable, Canola, Olive)
***PLEASE NO SOUP, CANNED VEGETABLES, TOMATOES OR BEANS***
****PLEASE CHECK EXPIRATION DATES AND DO NOT DROP OFF FOOD WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT OR AFTER BUSINESS HOURS****
The Barrington Township Food Pantry is open to all residents of the township who qualify under the Federal poverty guidelines for our area. If you are unsure of your resident status or unfamiliar with these guidelines, please call us at 847-381-5632. If you aren’t eligible for our food pantry, we can provide other resources for nutritional assistance.
Our guidelines below are meant to enhance the shopping experience and donation experience. The shopping appointments are each 30 minutes and are structured to allow for the privacy of our shoppers. The donation appointments allow us to receive your items and store them properly and thank you for your generosity.